Qingdao University of Technology (QUT) and the Baku Engineering University (BEU) has great progress in the master and doctor degree projects this year and the projects are processed contentiously.
The Civil Engineering school, one of the earliest disciplines in QUT, is derived from the Senior Engineering Department of Lixian Middle School set in 1931. Civil Engineering is now as the Shandong Province top level discipline, has 1 first-level discipline authorized to confer doctoral degree, 1 postdoctoral research station and 2 first-level disciplines authorized to confer in Civil Engineering. After years of rapid development, the School of Civil Engineering has already become an important base for cultivation of qualified talents, scientific research and technology innovation in the civil engineering field in China.The School of Civil Engineering has 1 National Experimental Teaching Demonstration Center, 1 Engineering Center of the Ministry of Education, 1 Provincial Key Laboratory, 3 Provincial Key Disciplines, 3 Provincial Engineering Technology Center, 1 Computer Center.
Baku Engineering University (BEU) is one of the best higher education institutions functions under the Ministry of Education. Baku Engineering University was established on November 8, 2016, with the status of the Public Legal Entity on the base of one private university which it was established in 1993.There are four faculties and they prepare specialties in 28 directions at Baku Engineering University:1) Engineering Faculty; 2) Architecture and Construction Faculty; 3) Economics and Administrative Faculty; 4) Pedagogy Faculty.
The Civil Engineering School provides several international master and doctor projects for Civil Engineering and Material Science and Engineering students. The specific research area includes:
1. Geotechnical Engineering
2. Structural Engineering
3. Disaster Prevention and Mitigation
4. Green Building and Municipal Engineering
Material Science and Engineering
1. Materials Science
2. Materials Processing Engineering
3. Polymer Material and Engineering
4. Marine Environmental Materials and Engineering
The school leader and the professors had several on-line meetings this year and exchanged the information on the international education and the concerns about the global pandemic. The first group about 25 students in BEU are planned to apply for the master program of the school this year. The leaders from the 2 sides agreed with the requirements for candidates as:
1. Non-Chinese citizen.
2. Bachelor degree for master degree and master degree for doctorate application.
3. Language Certificate (English): TOEFL, IELTS or other equivalent certification of language is required for students from non-English-speaking nations and/or universities. Candidates without certification of language will be requested to an additional English interview.
4. Two recommendation letters from associated professors or professors.
5. Study plan (on less than 800 words in English or Chinese).
The cooperation of QUT and BEU has kept improving and steady progress has been made in the international students education. We are expecting the students from BEU join our research program in the end of this year.